Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
upside-down cranberry cake
- Unsalted butter or cooking spray for the baking pan
- 2/3 cup (5 ounces or 142 grams) packed light brown sugar
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks, 6 ounces or 171 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon unsulphured molasses
- 2 cups (8 1/2 ounces or 242 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (7 ounces or 198 grams) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (9 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (8 1/2 ounces or 242 grams) sour cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces or 230 grams) fresh or frozen cranberries (you could add a half-cup more, if you, too, can never have enough cranberries)
- Optional flavorings: 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, 1 tablespoon orange or lemon juice or 1/4 teaspoon zest, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, few gratings of fresh nutmeg or a combination thereof
- Whipped cream, optional
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?