Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
tzatziki potato salad
- 4 pounds potatoes (I like tiny Yukon golds, but you can use whatever boiling potatoes you like for salads)
- 1 3/4 cups Greek yogurt (I used full-fat but I think other fat levels would work)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from half a big lemon)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (I use Diamond brand; use less if you use another,
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 hothouse or English cucumber (1 pound), unpeeled but quartered lengthwise, seeds removed
- In a medium pot, cover your potatoes with cold water and bring them to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-high and let potatoes simmer until tender enough that they can be pierced easily with a skewer or slim knife. I find that small potatoes tend to be done in
- 30 minutes from the time I put them on the stove cold, but its best to start checking 5 to 10 minutes sooner. Drain potatoes and let them cool completely. (This is a great step to do ahead, as it seems to take potatoes forever to cool. If youre really in a rush, spread them on a tray and pop them in the freezer for 10 minutes.)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?