Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
thick, chewy granola bars
- 1 2/3 cups quick rolled oats (if gluten-free, be sure to use gluten-free oats)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup granulated sugar (use more for a sweetness akin to most purchased bars; use less for a mildly sweet bar)
- 1/3 cup oat flour (or 1/3 cup oats, processed till finely ground in a food processor or blender)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 to 3 cups dried fruits and nuts (total of 10 to 15 ounces)*
- 1/3 cup peanut butter or another nut butter (I used almond butter) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, namely because I was not convinced that the flavor came through)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey, maple syrup or corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup (see Note above)
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?