Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
swiss chard and sweet potato gratin
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick or 2 ounces) butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 pounds Swiss chard, leaves and stems separated and both cut into 1-inch pieces
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cups heavy cream or whole milk
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 pounds medium red-skinned sweet potatoes (yams), peeled and cut into 1/8-inch thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups (about 5 ounces) coarsely grated Gruyre cheese
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?