Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
strawberry chiffon shortcake
- 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups superfine or regular sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 8 large egg whites at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 quarts strawberries, hulled and sliced (I sliced mine very thinly, but would do so more thickly next time, or double-layer the strawberries so that you get a higher fruit-to-bite ratio.)*
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?