Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
strawberry brown butter bettys
- 3/4 stick salted or unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 6 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar**
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs, or make your own, below*)
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups strawberries, stemmed and sliced (I forgot to jot down the weight, but it was less than a half pound of whole berries)
- Softly whipped cream, for serving
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?