Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
sour cherry slab pie
- 1 1/2
- , divided, patted into thick rectangles, wrapped in plastic and chilled for at least an hour in the fridge
- 6 cups sour cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen will work; if frozen, defrost and drain first)
- 3/4 to 1 1/4 cups of sugar*
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch or two of salt
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or one egg, beaten with a tablespoon of water
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 tablespoon water plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice (I did this to make the glaze more interesting)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?