Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
single-crust plum and apple pie
- 7 tablespoons (100 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plus 6 1/2 tablespoons (175 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse or flaky salt (or less of table salt)
- Milk or cream, for brushing crust
- Coarse or fine sugar, for sprinkling crust
- Softly whipped, lightly sweetened cream, for serving
- 1 pound ripe prune plums or greengages, halved, pitted, and halved again (i.e. quartered)
- 1 pound apples, peeled, cored and cut into smaller chunks (than you see in my photos)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Squeeze or two of orange or lemon juice
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?