Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
simple potato gratin
- 3 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces, plus an additional pat for buttering gratin dish
- 4 large yellow potatoes* (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk, half-and-half or cream (if using something richer than milk, you can skip the butter)
- 2 ounces cheese, grated or crumbled (Parmesan or Gruyere are the classics, but that doesnt mean that goat cheese, blue cheese or any of your favorites wont work as well) [optional]
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?