Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
salted chocolate caramels
- 255! Two-fifty-five. FIFTY. Not 225 degrees. I misread the recipes final caramel temperature. I have no doubt that with an additional 30 degrees, the caramels would hold their form much better. The recipe has been added, below. They are delicious, but consider yourself warned about the salt. Fin.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 1/2 oz fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (no more than 60% cacao if marked), finely chopped [Deb note: my in-house options were Toll House chocolate chips or high-quality 72% chocolate. I went with the 72 percent. The slight extra bitterness is fantastic.]
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt such as Maldon
- Vegetable oil for greasing
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?