Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
's First-Birthday Cake
- 3 cups sifted cake flour (not self-rising; sift before measuring)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 sticks (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, warmed in warm water 5 minutes
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups well-stirred plain, whole-milk yogurt (not Greek-style), at room temperature (see Cooks' Notes)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling-hot water
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate (60% cacao), chopped fine
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (100% cacao), chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) unsalted butter, cut into tablespoon pieces and softened
- 3 (8- or 9-inch) round cake pans, 2 inches deep; large sifter or sieve; electric stand mixer (preferred but optional), fitted with paddle attachment; offset metal spatula (for frosting cake)
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?