Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
roasted tomato soup with broiled cheddar
- 3 pounds plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large or 4 small cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more to taste) dried crushed red pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 4 1-inch slices from a large loaf of rye bread, whole wheat sourdough or bread of your choice (or 16 1-inch slices from a baguette), toasted until hard and lightly buttered on one side
- 1 tablespoon grated raw onion
- 1 cup coarsely grated cheddar (or more to taste)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?