Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
pear and almond tart
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon (9 tablespoons; 4 1/2 ounces) very cold (or frozen) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg yolk
- 4 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 medium-size firm but ripe Bosc pears, peeled (each about 7 ounces)
- 2/3 cup blanched slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or 2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- 1 sweet tart shell, baked (recipe above)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?