Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
over-the-top mushroom quiche
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sicks or 225 grams) very cold unsalted butter, cut into a small dice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) water, ice cold
- Neutral oil, for brushing springform
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive or vegetable oil
- 2 pounds (905 grams) mushrooms (see Note up top for suggestions)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced (I used 4 small because Im a rebel)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced (use 1 teaspoon only if dried/jarred)
- 3/4 cup (2 1/2 ounces or 70 grams) Comte, Emmantel or Gruyere, grated
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 cup (475 ml) heavy cream
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Freshly grated nutmeg (optional)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?