Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- Somehow, the prospect of using a pound of butter, even in something that creates a commensurate quantity of product, was too much for me, so I halved it. The recipe was no one-bowl cinch, but not particularly difficult minus the part where I tapped out the excess flour all over myself and the floor. (Does anyone else HATE buttering and flouring pans? Because, ecch, I think I do enough for everyone.) And the results well, this is where I have been torn for days. The office? Loved them. The husband? Him, too, especially from the freezer. And me? At first, I was wildly disappointed. I love adding instant coffee or espresso powder to melted chocolate to heighten the flavor, but the amount in this recipe (3 T in the full recipe) is really overpowering.
- 1 pound unsalted butter
- 28 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 6 extra large eggs
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped walnuts
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?