Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
new york cheesecake
- 8 ounces (15 4 3/4 x 2 1/2-inch sheets of graham cracker; yes, I
- crazy enough to both count and measure) finely ground graham crackers or cookies such as chocolate or vanilla wafers
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick or 4 ounces or 113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia is recommended for cheesecakes but if youve had success with other brands, feel free to use them again)
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 5 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces sweet or sour cherries, pitted (theyre not in season here so I used frozen; worked just fine)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- As some of the pictures might suggest, I really borked (an actual word, thank you) the baking of this cake. First, I was convinced that 550 degrees would singe my cake so I did the first step at 400, to see if you can get away with it. Yes, I am guilty of not following a recipe from time to time too. It turns out, 550 would have been just fine. Then, although I turned my oven down to 200, I didnt check the thermometer inside my junky oven, and had I, Id have realized that what my oven
- 200 is more like 150. And an hour later, was almost completely raw. Then I upped it to 300, which my oven told me was actually 250, where it still took another hour to bake and gained many cracks. I blame the fact that the oven didnt start hot enough, as many others have made this recipe crack-free. Whats the point of me sharing this? To give you a heads up that oven wonkiness may ensue. What matters is that, in the end, you do not take the cake out before it is ready. An accurate oven helps too. Im going to get right on that.
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?