Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 12 to 18 sheets phyllo pastry (12 to make four large strudel, 18 to make smaller triangles)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup butter, melted (1/4 cup to make large strudel, 1/2 cup to make smaller triangles; alternately, you could use olive oil for a different flavor profile)
- 1 egg, beaten (for large strudel; I did not see the need to seal the small ones)
- 1 pound mixed, fresh, wild and cultivated mushrooms (we used only creminis, and ended up with plenty of flavor. If you omit the stems, start with 1.5 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Freshly grated nutmeg (optional, we skipped it)
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Leaves from 1 sprig marjoram or thyme
- 4 to 6 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling, if you wish (the latter amount for the minis)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?