Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 pounds portobello mushrooms, in 1/4-inch slices (save the stems for another use) (you can use cremini instead, as well)
- 1/2 carrot, finely diced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup full-bodied red wine
- 2 cups beef or vegetable broth (beef broth is traditional but vegetable to make it vegetarian; it works with either)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled (thawed if frozen)
- Egg noodles, for serving
- Sour cream and chopped chives or parsley, for garnish (optional)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?