Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
mushroom and farro soup
- 1/3 cup dried mushrooms like porcini
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound mushrooms (white, cremini, shiitake or a mixture thereof; I used 100% brown/creminis)
- 1/2 cup farro, pearled barley, or spelt, rinsed
- 6 cups low sodium or salt-free beef broth or stock (vegetable, mushroom or chicken stock can be swapped)
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?