Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
mushroom and barley pie
- Something like olives or sundried tomatoes or or there is something quite flat-tasting about it and all the salt and pepper in the world wasnt enough to give it the dimension it needed.
- 3/4 cup pearl barley or farro
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 scallions, finely chopped (1 1/3 cups), divided
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry Madeira (preferably Verdelho or Sercial)
- 1 cup whole-milk ricotta
- 1 (1-pound) package frozen all-butter puff pastry, thawed (if you can get
- , it will be worth every extra pennypromise)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon water and a pinch of salt
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?