Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
meatball subs with caramelized onions
- The baguettes or seeded sandwich rolls youll use for your sandwiches (see Note above for how to estimate)
- 2 pound ground meat of your choice (I used pork but have in the past used beef, veal, chicken, turkey or a blend thereof)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg
- Olive oil
- 4 cups prepared tomato sauce (plus extra if you like a lot of extra sauce)
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups coarsely shredded Gruyre
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?