Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
lighter, airy pound cake
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks or 8 ounces or 226 grams) butter, at room temperature, plus more for greasing the pan
- 1 1/2 cups (200 grams) all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 grams) baking powder
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (186 grams) sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cognac [brandy works as well, as does rum, as would one teaspoon of an extract of your choice]
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon zest.
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?