Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
lentil soup with sausage, chard and garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 large links of sweet Italian sausage, casings removed (I used half of this, preferring the sausage to not dominate the soups flavor [update] and from the comments, it sounds like most of you preferred it with just 2 links as well)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced or diced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into half-moons or diced
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced (reserve half for later in recipe)
- Kosher salt
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 cup brown lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 cups shredded or thinly ribboned Swiss chard leaves or kale
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese to finish
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?