Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
lemon layer cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sifted self-rising flour*
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 3 lemons, zest grated and juiced
- Place the ingredients in the double boiler over boiling water. Dont let top pan touch the water. Cook and stir until mixture begins to gel or thicken ever-so-slightly. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate it to thicken.
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs whites at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts or shredded sweetened dried coconut (optional)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?