Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
leek toasts with blue cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds leeks (about 3 big leeks), lengthwise and white and pale green parts sliced 1/4-inch thick (about 3 generous cups of slices)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus extra for brushing toasts
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 medium-sized or 12 baguette-sized 1/2-inch slices of bread of your choice (I used a light sourdough)
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (a soft or crumbly goat cheese would also work)
- Few drops of lemon juice (optional)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?