Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
leek bread pudding
- 1 cup leeks in 1/2-inch thick slices, white and light green parts only, cleaned and rinsed
- Kosher or coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 cups 1-inch-cubed crustless brioche or Pullman loaf (I used a little less than one loaf)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chives (I forgot to buy these; it made me sad)
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 cups whole milk, heavy cream or half-and-half or a combination thereof
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded Comt, Emmanthaler or Swiss cheese
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?