Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
lebanese-style stuffed eggplant
- Some of those eggplants ended up in this dish, which if I had been the kind of person who froze trays of meals before the baby came, this would have been a perfect candidate. Instead, we ate it at once, and greedily. I hadnt stuffed eggplants before just
- but Im officially converted. I loved the way as the walls softened, the eggplant flesh became part of the dish. This is no hard and fast recipe; you can tweak it any way you see fit, swapping the ground meat, changing the spices, adding more vegetables have fun with it. But do make it. I see those little eggplants still lingering at the market, and theyre too cute not to take home with you. Just make sure you pay first.
- 6 (5- to 6-inch long) bambino (also called Baby Bell) eggplants (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup long-grain or jasmine rice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-oz) can diced tomatoes in juice
- 3/4 lb ground lamb or beef chuck (not lean)
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?