Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
layer cake tips + the biggest birthday cake yet
- 5 1/3 cups cake flour
- 5 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 2/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder, not Dutch process
- 6 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 5 1/3 sticks (20 2/3 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 5 large eggs plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 2/3 cups freshly brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jam (for cake assembly)
- 2 pounds bittersweet chocolate, broken up
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, cut up
- 2 cups heavy cream, heated slightly to remove the chill
- 1/2 cup brandy or Cognac
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?