Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
irish soda bread scones
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for work surface
- 1 cup cake flour (or,
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon table salt (this is 2/3 the original amount, which I found too salty)
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter (4 tablespoons softened, 1 tablespoon melted)
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk (or,
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup currants or raisins
- 1 tablespoons caraway seeds (optional)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?