Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
hazelnut brown butter cake
- 5 ounces (about one heaping cup) hazelnuts, blanched to remove dark skins*
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter (plus 1 tablespoon melted extra for greasing the pan)
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar, plus extra for dusting the cake
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 extra-large egg whites (I used 6 since I was using
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips or finely-chopped chocolate
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?