Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
fork-crushed purple potatoes
- No, being my needling, fussy self, I wouldnt make this dish until I found purple potatoes. According to
- , this potato was developed in Colorado way back in
- 2006 using natural cross-breeding techniques that somehow results in a superspud containing freakishly high amounts of antioxidants. Apparently, these purple nuggets found a fan in a chef named Michael Anthony whoalthough I am not the chef-gazing typewe like enough to have invited (hehby way of opentable.com) him to cook a celebratory dinner for both our first (at Blue Hill) and second (at Grammercy Tavern) wedding anniversaries.
- 1 pound Purple Majesty or other purple potatoes, washed
- 4 small shallots, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons good extra-virgin olive oil (we used half, and it was plenty for us)
- Fleur de sel to taste
- White pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?