Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
for beaming, bewitching breads
- 1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm (105 to 115F) water
- 3 cups bread flour (I replaced 1/2 cup of this flour with whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried dill or dill seeds
- 2 tablespoons sugar or honey
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ, toasted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup large-curd cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- Optional, for top of bread:
- 1 egg, lightly beaten, or 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt or a few dill seeds
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?