Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
flaky blood orange tart
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, the stick cut into 1/2-inch pieces and chilled
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 8 to 10 blood oranges (about 5 ounces each) [I only needed 7]
- 1 large egg yolk mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
- , for serving (after using Zoe Nathans, decided that I definitely prefer my own, reprinted below)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ounces (6 tablespoons) salted butter, the better you can get, the better it will taste
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons heavy cream, at room temperature
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?