Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
fig, olive oil and sea salt challah + book tour!
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 packet 1/4 ounce or 7 grams) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup (85 grams) plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) olive oil, plus more for the bowl
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons flaky sea salt, such as Maldon, or 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 4 cups (500 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (5 1/2 ounces or 155 grams) stemmed and roughly chopped dried figs
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest, or more as desired
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Few grinds black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Coarse or flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?