Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
espresso chiffon cake with fudge frosting
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) neutral vegetable oil, such as soybean, canola or vegetable blend
- 6 eggs, separated
- 6 tablespoons (90 ml) freshly brewed espresso, cooled to room temperature (Huntsman recommends freshly-brewed over hydrating espresso powder, which she feels can be too bitter)
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups (170 grams) cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300 grams) sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup hot, freshly brewed espresso
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup dark rum, such as Meyers
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (no need to sift)
- 3 sticks (12 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons half-and-half or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?