Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
curried lentils and sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 jalapeo pepper, seeded if desired, then minced
- 4 to 5 cups vegetable broth as needed
- 2 pounds orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into
- 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 1/2 cups dried lentils
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pound Swiss chard, center ribs removed, leaves thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Finely grated zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup finely chopped tamari almonds, for garnish (optional), available in health food stores
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, for garnish.
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?