Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
classic ice cream sandwiches
- 2 2/3 cups (335 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup (75 grams) extra dark or Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks or 285 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 gallon (8 cups or approximately 1050 grams, weight will vary by brand/variety) ice cream, your choice of flavor (I used cookies and cream), softened
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface and divide into two equal pieces. If the dough is too soft to handle, wrap and chill it until firm enough to roll out (I recommend 30 minutes only; any longer and it becomes crumbly to roll out). Roll each batch into a 1/4-inch thick rectangle, about 10 by 8 inches. Cut into a total of
- 20 2-by-4-inch rectangles. You may have enough extra to reroll the scraps and create 4 more 2-by-4-inch rectangles, in which case, you could make two additional sandwiches.
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?