Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
classic grilled cheese + cream of tomato soup
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole tomatoes packed in juice, drained, 3 cups juice reserved
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large shallots, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- Pinch ground allspice
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups chicken stock, homemade or canned low-sodium
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons brandy or dry sherry
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- 3 ounces cheese (preferably mild cheddar) or combination of cheese, grated on large holes of box grater (about 3/4 cup)
- 4 slices (1/2 inch-thick) from white sandwich bread, such as Pepperidge Farm Toasting White
- 2 tablespoons butter (preferably salted), melted
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?