Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
chocolate-hazelnut macaroon torte
- Oil or butter for greasing parchment rounds
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (225 grams) granulated sugar
- 6 large egg whites
- 2 1/2 cups hazelnuts (about 12 ounces or 340 grams), toasted, then skinned as much as possible*
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract**
- 6 ounces (170 grams or the equivalent of 1 cup chips) bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso granules (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups chilled heavy or whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico or another hazelnut liqueur or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract**
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?