Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 fresh, hot green chili pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (I used a quarter of this because my cayenne is extremely hot)
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 tablespoon amchoor powder (see note)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped small or 1 15-ounce can of whole tomatoes with their juices, chopped small
- 2/3 cup water
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas or 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lemon (juiced) (see note; I used a whole lemon to swap for the amchoor powder)
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?