Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
cauliflower and caramelized onion tart
- 1 small head of cauliflower (about 1 pound) or 1 pound of a larger head of cauliflower, cut into 1-inch flowerets (Romanesco cauliflower, especially orange or green, would be a pretty substitute)
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon truffle oil or a few pinches of truffle salt (optional) (see Notes below)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust or a homemade tart shell (recipe below)
- 1 large onion, halved lenghtwise and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (7- to 8- ounce) container mascarpone cheese (see Note below for suggested substitutions)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (although any low- or full-fat milk or light cream will work as well)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white or black pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup grated Gruyre cheese (Swiss or Comt are great swaps)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1 egg
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?