Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
caramelized onion and goat cheese cornbread
- 1 cup (6 ounces) coarse cornmeal (also packaged as polenta) but regular old cornmeal will also work.
- 2 cups (16 ounces) buttermilk
- 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, butter or a combination thereof
- 1 cup onion in a 3/4-inch dice (I think you could also go up to 2 cups, if youre really into the caramelized onion thing)
- 1 3/4 cups (8 ounces) unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (.75 ounce) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (.05 ounce) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (.25 ounce) salt
- 6 ounce log of goat cheese, at room temperature for a good while, so its very soft
- 2 tablespoons (1.5 ounces) honey
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) granulated sugar
- 3 large (5 ounces) eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, mleted
- 2 1/2 cups (16 ounces) fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) bacon fat, vegetable oil or butter
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?