Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
bulgur salad with chickpeas and red peppers
- 1 1/2 cups fine-grain bulgur
- 3 cups boiling water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 6 ounces drained jarred roasted red peppers, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup quartered yellow cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped (to reduce its bite, you can soak it and then squeeze it out with the bulgur for some or all of the absorption time)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 medium head Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 pita breads, warmed and cut into wedges
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?