Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
blackberry and coconut macaroon tart
- Some long-winded notes about volumes: The original recipe called for an 811-inch tart pan, which I did not have, or the equivalent of in volume. I ended using 2/3 of the crust recipe and 3/4 of the filling (2/3, which would have been correct, seemed like too much of a headache with 4 egg whites) to fill a 13.754.25-inch tart pan I have (but never use, because no standard recipes work in it!). Instead of suggesting pan sizes you probably dont have, Ive done what I should have from the get-go and scaled the whole recipe to 3/4 of the original volume which should nicely fit in a 9-inch round tart pan (with removable bottom) or an 8-inch square cake pan with the understanding that the first bar will probably not come out cleanly! Unless you have an 8-inch square cake pan with a springform or removable bottom, in which case, Im jealous of how well supplied your kitchen is!
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons white whole wheat flour, spelt flour or matzo cake meal
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar (I used a coarse Turbinado because I had it on hand)
- Generous 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons natural cane sugar or lightly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large egg whites
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries, halved (feel free to swap any berry/cherry you can find in season)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, crushed
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?