Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
black bean soup + toasted cumin seed crema
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium-size red onions, chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 16-ounce package dried black beans
- 1 tablespoon chopped chipotle chiles from a can (this gives it a solid kick, dial back if you are wary)
- 7 cups hot water (I just used very hot tap water)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 cup crema or crme frache (or
- , or swap sour cream or yogurt, for a close-enough taste)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?