Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 2 cups (10.5 ounces/300 grams) King Arthur high-gluten bread flour, preferably, or bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (1.6 grams) instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon (6.6 grams) salt (the more authentic bialys I have had use a bit more salt, so feel free to dial it up if you like a saltier roll)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (7.25 ounces/206 grams) water, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons (1.5 ounces, 43 grams) onion, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds (I love poppy seeds on a bialy, but this did seem more than I was used to; I might dial it back next time)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?