Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
best challah (egg bread)
- 1 1/2 packages active dry yeast (1 1/2 tablespoons or 3/8 ounces or 11 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) plus 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) olive or vegetable oil, plus more for greasing the bowl
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) table salt
- 8 to 8 1/2 cups (1000 to 1063 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raisins (about 70 grams) per challah, if using, plumped in hot water and drained
- Poppy or sesame seeds for sprinkling.
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?