Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
best birthday cake
- Some of you have responded that you find the Chocolate Sour Cream Frosting a bit too sour for your tastes. And it is sour, of course, as sour cream is the base. However, if you're looking for an equally speedy dark chocolate frosting more along the lines of a quick buttercream, you might instead want to give the
- from the
- a spin. It's wonderful.]
- 4 cups plus 2 tablespoons (480 grams) cake flour (not self-rising)
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) table salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup, 1/2 pound or 225 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (400 grams) sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 cups buttermilk (475 ml), well-shaken
- 15 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/4 teaspoons instant espresso (optional, but can be used to pick up the flavor of average chocolate)
- 2 1/4 cups sour cream, at room temperature
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?