Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
barley risotto with beans and greens
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 cup pearled barley (7 ounces)
- 1 cup beans, canned or precooked (white would be great; I used some
- mostly because they were languishing in my cabinet)
- 3 cups chopped escarole
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?