Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
baked orzo with eggplant and mozzarella
- 1 large (mine was just over 1 1/4 pounds/570 grams) eggplant, cut into 3/4-inch dice
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 celery stalk, in a 1/4-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces (225 grams) orzo, a rice-shaped pasta, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon (6 grams) tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups (355 ml) vegetable stock
- 1 to 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest or more to taste, up to the zest of a whole lemon
- 4 ounces (115 grams) mozzarella, firmer is better here, cut into 1/3-inch dice
- 1 1/2 ounces (a generous 1/2 cup or 45 grams) parmesan, grated
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
Directions:View on Smitten Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?